Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Luna Oijevaar ‘22

Alumni Spotlight: Luna Oijevaar ‘22

From The Netherlands to Barcelona to Bali; hear about Luna's journey since ASB.

Originally from The Netherlands, Luna Oijevaar ‘22 attended ASB for 8 years from Grades 4 to 12, with siblings Fauve ‘20 and Zsaza ‘27. She currently lives in Bali, Indonesia, where she is interning at the St. Regis Hotels and Resorts as part of her Business Hospitality studies at Hotel School The Hague in Amsterdam. Luna fondly remembers her time at ASB, especially the annual school trips that broadened her horizons and the supportive community that encouraged her to pursue her dreams. She is deeply grateful to ASB for the personal and professional growth it has fostered in her.

“I am currently learning the intricacies of managing F&B operations within a luxury setting, gaining hands-on experience in team leadership, customer service, and inventory management,” shared Luna. “This internship provides invaluable real-world insight into the hospitality industry, expanding my academic knowledge and preparing me for a successful career in the hospitality business world.”

Reflecting on her education and teachers at ASB, Luna remembers how her former teacher, Ms. Tessa McGovern, was a significant inspiration to her. “I remember her as a positive, creative, and open-minded person who always encouraged me to think outside the box and pursue my passions. She inspired me to approach every challenge with optimism and resilience, always positively looking at life, believing that the glass is half full.”

Extracurricular activities and ASB service programs played a significant role in Luna’s personal growth. Her participation in programs like MUN, particularly the conference in St Petersburg, Russia, and the Sharing to Learn service program, where she taught English to students in local Catalan schools, taught her the value of collaboration and community service. These experiences, deeply rooted in the ASB community, broadened her perspectives on global issues and led to lasting friendships that she cherishes to this day.

“What makes ASB special is the global community and opportunities you receive. The school ensured that I connected with, interacted with, and collaborated with people from different backgrounds from a young age.”

View more photos of Luna and her family's time at ASB in the photo gallery below - registration required. 

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Photo gallery

To view this News Article

Similar stories

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech