Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Sara Gómez '14

Alumni Spotlight: Sara Gómez '14

One of the founding team members to organize BCNMUN back in 2013!

Sara Gómez '14 attended the American School of Barcelona from K3 through 12th grade, together with her brother Víctor Gómez '11.

She studied for a double degree in law and business and a double master's degree in legal practice and international business law at ESADE. She also spent a semester abroad at Penn Law in Philadelphia. Today Sara works as a Mergers & Acquisitions and Finance lawyer at Uría Menéndez in Barcelona.

When asked to reflect on her experiences from ASB, she shared:

"There are countless experiences and people, as well as the ASB values and culture, that have shaped me into who I am today. Participating in Model United Nations with Mr. Maas and starting Mr. Brasher's history classes by discussing current events piqued my interest in public speaking and global affairs. Ms. Donna's show-and-tell in second grade, Ms. Teresa Alsina's debates in middle school, and the many literature and economics essays with Mr. López and Mr. Mirza, among many others, helped me strengthen my oral and written communication skills."

Sara was involved in several extracurricular and service activities over the years at ASB but was most active in Model United Nations. 

"Not only did I attend multiple conferences in different countries, but I also had the incredible opportunity to be a part of the team that organized the first BCNMUN conference hosted by ASB in 2013. I fondly remember those exciting months, from checking out potential venues to deciding on the issues that would be discussed and chairing some of the sessions. It is great to see that, nearly ten years later, BCNMUN continues to grow and give students a chance to think and debate about critical global issues."

Sara fondly remembers being chosen by her peers to deliver the graduation speech with classmate Alex Bernaus. "It was a very special opportunity to celebrate the Class of 2014 and thank the ASB community for everything it gave us."

ASB in one word?
"Inspiring."

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech