Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > "Life is so much more than good grades at school."

"Life is so much more than good grades at school."

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms.

Content creator Nikias Molina attended ASB from PK3 to G7 (2001-2012). Today he lives in Girona, working independently as a successful tech content creator with over 1 million monthly views across his social platforms.

Studying in the US for his final school years allowed Nikias to focus on the things he was passionate about, like making videos about his life in America and sharing them with his family back home. With a GoPro as his choice of gadget, Nikias produced monthly videos, with his last video garnering 1000 views. "I decided then to launch my YouTube channel (Nikias Molina) as a platform to share all the geeky stuff I loved to talk about. I realized some professionals did this for a living and challenged myself to do that too." Today his YouTube videos garner a million monthly views.

After returning to Spain, Nikias studied Graphic Design at IED in Barcelona and launched into full production mode, producing a video almost every day. "I wanted this to be my dream. I wanted to collaborate with companies like Apple, for them to invite me to their events, to travel the world, and to earn money for promoting different brands."

Soon, Nikias realized that he was making as much money as people with full-time jobs. His business grew, his followers grew, and his views grew. Finally, all the years he had spent driving everyone around him crazy by talking about technology started paying off. Apple contacted him, and his dream of creating content for new Apple products became a reality.

"With the opportunities we have today, I knew if I put my head down for 3-5 years, I would be able to achieve my dream. I just received my first invitation from Apple to attend their WWDC 2022 event in Cupertino, California, which is a dream for all tech content creators. I also bought my first home in Girona and expanded my team."

Reflecting on his education, Nikias shared, "life is so much more than good grades and school. At ASB and later in the US, the focus was on strengthening what I was good at rather than focusing on what I wasn't. After that, I felt I could accomplish anything."

Today Nikias is keen to share his work ethic and experiences with others.

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

97 caps in the air marking this great occasion More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech