Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Selin Sampere Ayta

Alumni Spotlight: Selin Sampere Ayta

"My colleagues are like-minded people. We really live by the motto, “Work hard, play hard”! Find out more about Selin's choice to work in a growing start-up in Munich."
Selin Sampere Ayta '17
Selin Sampere Ayta '17

Selin Sampere Ayta ‘17 attended the American School of Barcelona for 15 years, from K3 to Grade 12. Following ASB, she studied Business Administration at Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona. She currently works as a Business Development Representative at DataGuard in Munich, which helps companies process their data and build trust with their customers. 

“While most of my friends from university took a more traditional approach to their careers, I wanted to challenge myself and work for a fast-growing start-up company. My colleagues today are like-minded people. We really live by the motto, “Work hard, play hard”!

Reflecting on her time at ASB, Selin shares, “there are so many people from different cultures and backgrounds. They were all a major source of inspiration who shaped who I am today.”

“I remember Ms. Teresa would come up with the most unique project ideas, which made the learning experience incredibly stimulating. I still laugh when I think of her walking the middle school corridors spraying vanilla perfume because “it smelled like hormones.”

As a student, Selin was active in Student Council, participated in MUN and Rotary, and was a Sharing-to-Learn teacher. She also played a part in The Jungle Book performance in elementary school.

Asked what her favorite ASB memories were, she is quick to respond, “International Day and Halloween - these two annual celebrations greatly represent what ASB is.”

“I remember International Day was filled with delicious food from all over the world. I was always so excited to help my mom share Turkish culture with the community.”

“Halloween is hands down the best event at ASB. Every year, I would try to come up with a unique costume and, in later years, the best dance. My favorite dance was in 6th grade, Mr. Pacheco’s class. We did a spin-off to “Ghostbusters” with costumes and choreography.”

Selin attributes her time at ASB to her drive to create real change in the world. “ASB challenges its students to do better, not only for their future but also for their community.”

ASB in one word?
“Forward-thinking.”

Watch a short video of Selin speaking about how ASB has benefited her in life today.

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: December 2021

Similar stories

From The Netherlands to Barcelona to Bali; hear about Luna's journey since ASB. More...

Twelve years later and off to explore the world! More...

A heartwarming trip down memory lane. Welcome home! More...

Most read

Twelve years later and off to explore the world! More...

97 caps in the air marking this great occasion More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech