Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Beatriz Sahuquillo

Alumni Spotlight: Beatriz Sahuquillo

"I didn't look at other schools; I knew from the beginning that my children would also attend ASB."
Beatriz Sahuquillo
Beatriz Sahuquillo

Barcelonian alumna and current parent, Beatriz Sahuquillo '07, has a wide connection with the American School of Barcelona. One of three siblings to graduate (sister, Cristina '05, and brother, Carlos ‘13), her two cousins, Javier '10 and Olivia (current high school student), are also ASB'ers, and her son, Jaume, joined the PK3 community this year.

Following graduation in 2007, Beatriz studied at ESADE Business School in Barcelona, where she obtained her Master's in Business Administration. During her fourth year of studies, she secured an internship at Nestlé Waters, where she was later offered a permanent position following her final ERASMUS year at Köln University. After seven years at Nestlé Waters, Beatriz moved to Nesté Purina two years ago, where she now works as Communication Manager for the EMENA Central Team.

When asked about her decision to send her own children to ASB, Beatriz shares, "I didn't look at other schools; I knew from the beginning that my children would attend ASB. Not only is it the school I attended as a child, but both my husband and I appreciate how diverse the school is, how happy the children are there, the relationship between the teachers-students-parents, and of course, the International Baccalaureate program. Our youngest daughter, Sofía, is still only one year old, but we know she will join her brother at ASB in a couple of years."

Beatriz has fond recollections of her own days at ASB. "I have terrific memories of Chemistry with Mr. Smith and Physics with Mr. Bartlett. It was fun to see the recent news of eleventh graders practicing the fall of different objects. I remember having to throw an egg from the top of the building to understand physics - mine broke! I was also involved in IMUN with Mr. Maas. He was a very tough teacher. I remember traveling to Lisbon for a conference and representing Canada. It was the first time I had to speak in front of so many people, but it was finally a great experience."

With Halloween celebrations around the corner, Beatriz is excited to share with her son the traditions she once participated in. "He is already super excited!"

What makes ASB special? 

"The people, for sure. The diversity of the families - having your children grow up learning about different cultures. And the teachers, of course. They are international and professional and provide a great education for our children:"

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: October 2021

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech