Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Visit: Zondra '92 and Carlo '94 Vitela

Alumni Visit: Zondra '92 and Carlo '94 Vitela

"ASB was more than just a school; it was a sanctuary."

In March, we were delighted to welcome former American School of Barcelona students Zondra ‘92 and Carlo ‘94 Vitela, who attended the school in the early 90s with their sister, Bellani ‘91. Their journey down memory lane took them back to the vibrant days when their Texan family temporarily resided in Barcelona for their father’s assignment with AT&T Telecommunications during the Barcelona Olympics in 1992.

Based in Ohio, Carlo, who works in supply chain logistics, visited with his daughter, Bianca. Zondra, a high school Chemistry teacher in Texas who attributes her passion for the subject to her classes with former high school chemistry teacher Mr. Mark Smith, visited with her husband, Armand.

Reflecting on their visit, Carlo fondly reminisced, “Our children have grown up immersed in our nostalgic tales of the American School of Barcelona. It was more than just a school; it was a sanctuary. We called our teachers by their first name. We respected them, but it felt like family.”

Echoing similar sentiments, Zondra expressed, “ASB was a catalyst for broadening my perspectives. Interacting with classmates and educators from diverse cultural backgrounds enriched my academic journey and ignited my passion for exploration. My love of travel came from my time at the school.”

We wish you both all the best and look forward to keeping in touch! 

See more photos from their visit to campus, some throwback photos from their days at ASB, as well as their reunion with former classmates in Barcelona in the photo gallery below - registration required. 

Photo gallery

To view this News Article

Similar stories

Alumnus and his daughter Camila return to school community More...

From The Netherlands to Barcelona to Bali; hear about Luna's journey since ASB. More...

Twelve years later and off to explore the world! More...

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Twelve years later and off to explore the world! More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech