Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Teacher Shadowing Opportunities for Alumni

Teacher Shadowing Opportunities for Alumni

A warm welcome back to Vincent Muratet '18 and Loeline Rudelle '20.

In a heartening return to familiar grounds, two ASB alumni returned to campus this year, aspiring to teach one day themselves.

In November, Vincent Muratet '18, who is interested in becoming a high school history teacher, shadowed IB HL History teacher Mr. Taylor Bingle:

"The willingness of Mr. Bingle and other teachers I shadowed to discuss pedagogy and share resources they found useful when beginning to teach has left an indelible mark on me," reflected Vincent. "Although there is still much to learn, their incredible support makes the path before me clearer. I cannot thank ASB enough for allowing me to gain insight into the reality of secondary teaching and for welcoming me back so warmly."

"It has been such a meaningful experience to have Vincent back on campus and in the classroom with me," shared Mr. Bingle. "He is a bright individual with great rapport with teachers and students. I know he will make a great addition to any school."

In February, Loeline Rudelle ‘20 shadowed her former IB art teacher, Ms. Ana Martinez. Passionate about visual arts, Loeline could not exhibit her IB artwork in 2020 due to the Covid pandemic. Nevertheless, she went on to follow her passion for visual arts at a university in France and now specializes in the gaming industry.

“I really valued the time in Ms. Ana’s classroom, and being back here reminds me of how much the IB program allows visual art students the freedom to express their work in various mediums.”

We wish them both the best of luck educating future generations! See the photo gallery below for more photos - registration required!

Photo gallery

To view this News Article

Similar stories

Alumnus and his daughter Camila return to school community More...

From The Netherlands to Barcelona to Bali; hear about Luna's journey since ASB. More...

Twelve years later and off to explore the world! More...

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Twelve years later and off to explore the world! More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech