Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Jose Juncosa Nuñez '17

Alumni Spotlight: Jose Juncosa Nuñez '17

Developing new alternatives to contribute to our planet's sustainability.

Jose Juncosa Nuñez '17 attained his Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology at the University of Surrey, interning for a year in Shanghai at a stem cell research center affiliated with Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He is completing his Master's in Biotechnology at Wageningen University and Research, specializing in cellular and molecular biotechnology. In May 2023, Jose will commence an internship at Bayer in Germany as an R&D in-house consultant.

"My current work is focused on using genetically engineered bacteria to produce aromatic compounds currently produced through the petrochemical industry. I am very interested in developing new alternatives that contribute to the planet's sustainability."

Reflecting on his teachers at ASB, Jose shares, "The way Mr. Whitehair and Mr. Llamazares taught chemistry and biology at school made me realize the potential of using science to make a change towards a better, more sustainable future. They influenced my choice of further education and professional career."

While at ASB, Jose was an active varsity soccer team member, playing in three AMAC tournaments in Spain and internationally. "It was a great experience to travel with friends, work together towards the same goal, and win the tournament. Also, it allowed me to meet and create bonds with students from other international schools from different cities and countries."

Jose appreciates the sense of community at ASB. "Everyone is involved in the well-being of the school."

His choice of word to describe ASB?
"Inspirational."

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech