Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Marta Ferrer '14

Alumni Spotlight: Marta Ferrer '14

From performing in elementary school productions to reviewing real movies and television programs.

Alumna Marta Ferrer ‘14 attended the American School of Barcelona from Kindergarten to Grade 12. Her family’s relationship with ASB spans more than 40 years, with her older cousins, Xandro and Màrius Vallès, also graduating from the school.

After ASB, Marta studied Film and Media at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona and is now entering her fifth year as a journalist/writer at Catalunya Ràdio’s weekend morning show, “El suplement.” Besides writing scripts, including interviews and outlines for different shows, she leads a segment where she reviews movies and television programs, two of her greatest passions.

Reflecting on her years at ASB, Marta shares, “I think the beautiful thing about ASB is that we always had the feeling we were part of a big family. I always felt I could depend on every teacher and get help whenever needed. They were always willing to listen, even when we had problems that weren’t necessarily school-related. I remember teachers fondly from my final years at ASB, like Ms. Magda Montesinos, Ms. Montse Perez, and Ms. Rosa Ruiz, who helped us during our most stressful period, preparing for the Selectividad exams. But I also appreciate what teachers like Ms. Marta Vernet and Ms. Dawn Austin did for me when I was younger and still figuring out who I was.”

Marta discovered her love for drama and theater at ASB. “I remember playing Baloo in “The Jungle Book” production in elementary school. It was a modest production but felt like a high-budget Hollywood movie. The experience enabled me to connect with many students from other grades. It was so much fun!” 

The annual Halloween celebration tradition is also still a favorite memory for her. “It wasn’t just that we got to dress up; it was seeing the work of our entire community - the campus decorations, the classrooms, the Halloween-themed activities; there was something in the air that day that made it feel like nothing else. The parade at the end of the day was the icing on the cake. Ever since ASB, when Halloween rolls around, I can’t help but be transported back to those moments. A huge part of me misses that so much.”

ASB in one word?
“Home.”

#ASB60th #WErASB #ASBalumni #ASBcommunity

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech