Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Paula Sánchez Susaña

Alumni Spotlight: Paula Sánchez Susaña

Off to New York to broaden her fashion knowledge and professional network!

With roots in Spain and the Dominican Republic, Paula Sánchez Susaña and her brothers Alex and Alberto attended ASB for nine years, Paula until Grade 8 (2011), when her family relocated to Valencia. She studied fashion design at Barreira A+D and EASD (Escuela de Arte Superior y Diseño), pausing her studies for a work opportunity as Fashion Designer and Creative Director at OMTHEBRAND (a sustainable fashion label). In addition, she has experience working as a model and recently moved to New York to broaden her fashion industry knowledge and increase her professional network. 

Paula has fond memories of ASB. “The way of learning and studying was dynamic. I could express my creative side even within science or literature projects.” Paula credits her former math teacher, Ms. Rachel Maloney, for helping her realize her passion for fashion at a young age. She remembers designing and making her own dress for the middle school dance. “I remember how warmly Ms. Maloney encouraged and embraced our individuality. Apart from being my teacher, I considered her a good friend.”

At ASB, Paula played on the school’s soccer team and continued playing after moving to Valencia, joining the Dominicos-Levante UD futbol sala team. Her favorite ASB memory is Sports Day!

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech