Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > A warm welcome back to Class of 2021 graduates Yuchan and Adrian!

A warm welcome back to Class of 2021 graduates Yuchan and Adrian!

Former classmates now studying in the US and UK reunite at ASB in Barcelona.

Yuchan is currently studying Engineering at Northwestern University. His sister, Yujin, just graduated in the Class of 2022 and will also attend Northwestern University in the Fall.

Yuchan has had a fulfilling first year at Northwestern. He plans to combine his Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering with a Master's in Materials Science. "I have great access to technology at Northwestern and have also been involved as a research assistant at the Graduate Medical School campus." This summer, he plans to continue his research in Biomechanics. Then, in November, he will return to Korea, taking a 2-year study leave to complete his mandatory Korean military service. "I've been drafted in the KATUSA military unit in Korea, where my focus will be on language mediation between the US and Korean forces." Upon completing his service, he plans to return to Northwestern to finish his studies.

While in Illinois, Yuchan spends his free time working with a vibrant theatre community at NU and is a board member at Spectrum Theatre Company, one of the many student theatre groups on campus. In addition to acting, he has had the opportunity to focus on the technical aspects of the stage. "I was involved in ASB's Spotlight Productions and performed in three productions: Mama Mia, Aladdin, and Fame. I didn't expect to have the opportunity to continue with my theatre interest in the US."

Adrian is currently studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of Bath. He has had the opportunity to join a group of students involved in the design and manufacture of a Formula 1 style car with which they will compete against other universities. Following his Bachelor's degree, he intends to complete his Master's before taking a year either locally or internationally to work in the industry.

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx! 

More photos in our photo gallery (link)!

Similar stories

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech