Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Maile Monds '21 visits campus after her first year in The Netherlands

Maile Monds '21 visits campus after her first year in The Netherlands

"I miss the support network of ASB but most of all, my friends and family."

Welcome back to campus! American Maile Monds '21 attended The American School of Barcelona from G6-G12 with her brother, Layne (currently in G10). Maile is now a first-year student studying Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology at The University of Amsterdam.

"Moving to Amsterdam has been an adjustment for me; I missed my family and friends a lot at the beginning, but now I've settled into life in The Netherlands, got a part-time job, and met many new people."

During her visit to ASB, Maile caught up with many former staff/teachers, including Ms. Ana, Ms. Marta, Ms. Minu, and her parents, Ms. Monds (IB Coordinator), and Mr. Monds (MS science teacher).

In Amsterdam, Maile has been fortunate to stay in touch with other ASB alumni, including Marco Wood '21, Mariana Araujo '21, and Maegan Wijsman '20. In addition, she is looking forward to welcoming current ASB senior Nicole Dietrich '22, who will also attend university in Amsterdam in the fall.

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Similar stories

Most read

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech