Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > From Poland to Barcelona to The Netherlands

From Poland to Barcelona to The Netherlands

Asia Mikulska '20 catches up with former teachers, including IB Psychology teacher, Ms. Kurtz whose classes inspired her choice of studies at university.

Welcome back to ASB, Asia Mikulska '20, who is currently in her second year studying Psychology at Radboud University in the Netherlands.

"The skills I learned and mastered in high school have proven so useful at university."

Asia shared that in recent months she has leaned towards studies in behavioral/social psychology. "I'm currently writing a research paper on Culture and Behavior, comparing academic stress levels between Dutch and German students who work part-time."

During her visit back to campus, she was able to catch up with several faculty and staff, including Ms. Monds, Mr. Volchok, Ms. Minu, Ms. Marta Lujan, Ms. Davis, Mr. Alberto, Ms. Austin, Ms. Lindsay, Mr. Ignasi, Ms. Sandra, Coach Teo, Ms. Luisa, Ms. Ana, Ms. Laia, Mr. Daniel, Mr. Smith, Mr. Coyle, Ms. Valentina, Ms. Marta Vernet, Ms. Bronwyn, Ms. Michelle, Ms. Kurtz, Mr. Mark, and of course, ASB's long-standing guard, Manuel.

Many teachers remembered Asia as a PK3 student during her first weeks at ASB when she couldn't speak English. Several commented on her volleyball skills and were thrilled to learn she still played in The Netherlands.

"I am so pleased when a former student has been inspired by my IB Psychology class to study psychology in university. Congratulations to Asia for finding her path and contributing to the important field of social science research,” IB Psychology teacher, Ms. Kurtz.

Asia's IB Extended Essay supervisor, Ms. Michelle DeZerne, recalled working with her on her topic of sport and psychology and the joy they both experienced when she received an A.

"She's a lifer! I've known her since K5, and she is amazing!" shared Coach Teo.

More pics in our Photos galleries section!

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech