Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Alex Alcaide Argudo '17

Alumni Spotlight: Alex Alcaide Argudo '17

From Business to Education. Find out more about Alex's change in career path.

Meet Alex Alcaide Argudo ‘17, who attended the American School of Barcelona from PK to Grade 12. Following graduation, Alex commenced a Business Administration degree at Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona; however, he soon realized that his passion lay in education. He is currently studying Primary Education at Blanquerna - Universidad Ramón Llull with a teaching placement in Örebro, Sweden, and aspires to be a physical education teacher. 

“Upon graduation, I want to experience teaching in different educational systems in different countries to learn about different cultures and gain experience from different resources. I want to try to become the best teacher possible. When I come back to Spain, who knows if someday I will be able to teach in the school which has seen me grow.”

Alex credits his physical education teacher at ASB, Mr. André, for the inspiration to follow the same career path. “He was a great teacher who really inspired his students to give 110% in class.”

Reflecting on other teachers who positively influenced his time at ASB, Alex mentions his third-grade teacher, Ms. Bradshaw, who had “so much energy and made learning so fun,” and Ms. Teresa, who “always had a smile on her face and wanted everyone to succeed.”

As a student, Alex participated in Model United Nations and was a part of the high school boys basketball team with Coach Tex. His mother, Alicia Argudo, has been working in ASB’s Business and Finance office since 2000, and his brother, Pablo, will graduate in this year’s senior cohort.

One word to describe ASB?
“United.”

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech