Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Update from Antra Johary, Class of 2020

Update from Antra Johary, Class of 2020

"Much of my work at Formula Student Delft involves skills and traits I developed through my experiences with Model United Nations at the American School of Barcelona."

Update from alumna Antra Johary from the Class of 2020 (seated far right), who attended ASB for five years, from 8th grade through 12th, and is currently in her second year studying aerospace engineering at the Technical University of Delft in the Netherlands.

"I joined a team of students from TU Delft called Formula Student Delft, which designs, produces, and races Formula-style cars. Our team has won many competitions against other student teams in international Formula Student competitions (fsteamdelft.nl).

Here is the render of their new DUT22 car design which they will compete with this summer:

The Formula Student Team Delft includes members from all over the world representing 22 countries and almost all the university faculties. They all share a passion for innovation and motorsport.

"My specific role is in the operations department where I help oversee the logistics for the competitions, manage the social media, the newsletter, and am responsible for implementing new initiatives to motivate the team and make us more sustainable. I am also actively looking for corporate sponsors and constantly looking to find ways to increase our reach, for example, by inviting YouTubers and journalists to test our cars and subsequently write about them."

"Much of my work at Formula Student Delft involves skills and traits I developed through my experiences with Model United Nations at the American School of Barcelona. I am grateful for these experiences and hope that next year when my academic load is lighter, I can apply for a position in the aerodynamics department."

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech