Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Marta Marcos Salleras

Alumni Spotlight: Marta Marcos Salleras

"I know I would not be the person I am today without the amazing friends and teachers that I met there."
Marta Marcos Salleras '17
Marta Marcos Salleras '17

Barcelona-born Marta Marcos Salleras ‘17 attended the American School of Barcelona from Kindergarten to grade 12, together with her brother Joan Miquel ‘20 and sister, Julia (current grade 9 student).

Marta is currently in her final year at ESADE in Barcelona, studying Law and International Relations. She completed an exchange program at SciencesPO in Paris and is now interning at ANUE, the United Nations Association in Spain. “My internship focuses on women’s rights, which is my passion, together with human rights and migration. I am actively looking for new opportunities in the field of international relations.”

While a high school student at ASB, together with a few friends, Marta founded the student-led association, RefugART. “The initiative was created to spread awareness and raise funds to help refugees. I am very grateful to Ms. Marta Vernet for her encouragement and motivation. She taught us to see how we could help others. Today, RefugART is still active thanks to her.”

Marta has also been a part of other student organizations, including Equal at ESADE and Female Founders Night at SciencesPO.

Throughout her high school career, Marta enjoyed being an active member of Model United Nations. “It awoke in me the drive to work in international relations. I loved the dynamic of discussing world affairs with people of different backgrounds, which was a hugely enriching experience and I met amazing people.”

“ASB is special because its values are centered on acceptance, diversity, and giving. Having attended the school for so many years has been life-changing. I know I would not be the person I am today without the amazing friends and teachers that I met there.”

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: January 2022

Similar stories

How a 1966 Yearbook reconnected the School with one of it's earliest families. More...

First time back on campus in 17 years. More...

Class Representative at Bocconi and currently working on her own start-up company. More...

Most read

How a 1966 Yearbook reconnected the School with one of it's earliest families. More...

In recognition of more than two decades of service. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech