Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Grace Wang

Alumni Spotlight: Grace Wang

"I can't help but feel nostalgic towards Barcelona and call it my second home."
Grace Wang '20
Grace Wang '20

Originally from China, Grace Wang '20 attended the American School of Barcelona from grades 6 to 12. "I can't help but feel nostalgic towards Barcelona and call it my second home."

Currently pursuing a BA at Leiden University in the Netherlands, Grace studies Arts, Media, and Society within the Honors College program while working part-time in an art startup agency in the Hague. She plans to further her education by applying for a master's program in the Netherlands, either in contemporary art or gender studies. She is also interested in returning to Barcelona to study its rich local art scene.

When asked to reflect on her former teachers at ASB, Grace shares, "I want to give a big shoutout to Mrs. Monds and Ms. Ana for aiding my IB journey. I don't think I could have obtained my diploma without their thorough guidance. I also really appreciate Mr. Hennessy's IB History classes and the never-ending presentations we had to give – my public speaking skills are so much better as a result!"

While a student at ASB, Grace was involved in community service at a local hospital and an active member of Model United Nations. "I still remember Mr. Maas giving us unconventional aspects to tackle to perfect our arguments."

In grades 11 and 12, together with her good friend, Ori Brand, she was one of the GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) club's founders. They would organize weekly sessions to discuss LGBTQIA+ topics with their peers. "We helped raise awareness of the LGBTQIA+ community. It was enjoyable to see students from different grades coming together and sharing their insights on serious issues."

Grace fondly recalls her Biology class revision with Dr. Tracy Power in 10th grade. "I felt the teachers at ASB truly cared about us and wanted us to succeed."

"ASB has a very international environment that embraces diversity. As a student, I felt I was part of a unique and close-knit community."

ASB in one word?
"Unforgettable."

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: January 2022

Similar stories

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech