Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Isabella Ziegler

Alumni Spotlight: Isabella Ziegler

“Looking back, it's crazy to think that just over six years ago, electing to take ESS at ASB started this whole path.” Find out more about Isabella's new role at JPMorgan.
Isabella Ziegler '17
Isabella Ziegler '17

American-born Isabella Ziegler ‘17 attended the American School of Barcelona her sophomore through senior year together with her brother, Joe ‘19.

“I didn’t feel that ASB valued either the arts, sciences, maths, or humanities over each other. There were facilities and passionate teachers to support kids wherever their strengths or interests took them. ASB did an excellent job recognizing these strengths and commending students for their successes in those fields.”

A recent graduate from the Fisher College of Business of The Ohio State University, Isabella earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree specializing in Finance. Her studies included a minor in Spanish for Business and another focused on Environment, Sustainability, and Development.

“I cannot recommend Ohio State enough. Despite being one of the largest schools in the United States, the experience felt extremely personalized. I got to know my academic advisor and most of my professors well; there were tons of involvement opportunities, the alumni network is massive, and I felt that they set me up for success career-wise as well!”

Currently working for JPMorgan Chase in Asset and Wealth Management as part of the Legal Entity Structure and Reg W team, Isabella is participating in the Global Finance and Business Management rotational program for her first two years out of university, which she shares is “a great opportunity for networking, training, exposure, and establishing a community within a huge corporation.” Her work as a legal controller ensures that funds and other investments within Asset and Wealth Management comply with Federal Reserve Requirements.

“I knew I wanted Finance for a very long time. I’ve always been quite passionate about politics and current events, particularly in high school, and I started to realize that the issues that I cared about the most primarily concerned the economy. So I found it fascinating to track what actions or comments or policies had the greatest implication on the market and the economy as a whole.”

Reflecting on ASB teachers who made an impact on her life, Isabella shares that Mr. Motta, her Environmental Systems and Society (ESS) teacher, “had confidence in my abilities in class, and knew that if he just pushed me enough, and talked me through my logic, that he could make the subject really meaningful to me.” At JPMorgan, she recently was fortunate enough to play a role in facilitating the acquisition of Campbell Global, a renowned leader in forest management and timber investment. “Looking back, it’s crazy to think that just over six years ago, electing to take ESS at ASB started this whole path.”

Isabella was an active member of Model United Nations throughout her high school career, attending ten MUN conferences, including BCNMUN, THIMUN, IMUN, NHSMUN, and MilanMUN. 

“I was fortunate to represent both the Russian Federation (at IMUN) and the United States of America (at BCNMUN), spearheading my own resolutions in both and speaking in front of the committee. In my final BCNMUN, I served as President of the General Assembly, which was one of my greatest accomplishments as a high school student.”

Asked to recall a favorite memory, Isabella shares, “HL History would have to have been one of my favorite subjects at school. It was a small class with extremely passionate teachers. Because of the size of our class, our schedule created an extended lunch period once a week where we would eat lunch together as a history class. I recall a few times we went down to Taste of America and had a little history picnic outside in the sun, which is definitely one of my favorite memories.”

One word to describe ASB?
“Passionate.”

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: December 2021

Similar stories

Most read

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech