Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Carlota Terraza Badia

Alumni Spotlight: Carlota Terraza Badia

Carlota Terraza Baidia '19 gives recognition to her ASB teachers for encouraging her to have the confidence to take on an engineering degree.
Carlota Terraza Badia '19
Carlota Terraza Badia '19

Carlota Terraza Badia ‘19 attended The American School of Barcelona from grades 7 to 12 with her twin brother, Ignacio ‘19, and her older sister, Monica ‘09. She is currently studying Civil Engineering at the University of Warwick.

While a student at ASB, Carlota was involved in Model United Nations, attending BCNMUN and NHSMUN (New York) conferences. An avid supporter of the school’s service projects including the annual fundraiser, RefugART, Carlota’s favorite memory would have to be a service trip she participated in to Botswana in 2018, focused on aiding refugees, orphans and women.

When asked which experiences or teachers from ASB might have inspired her today, Carlota shares, “Mr. Bartlett and Mr. Whitehair made me grow a lot throughout the IB program. They both believed in me and helped me whenever I needed them, improving my confidence and helping me to believe in myself. Thanks to them, I am now in my third year of an engineering degree!”

Carlota further shares how unique the ASB community is, “the student body and teaching staff are so connected, the community is like a big family of students, teachers, staff, families, and alumni.”

It’s no surprise to hear her one word to describe ASB:
“Community.”

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: November 2021

Similar stories

How a 1966 Yearbook reconnected the School with one of it's earliest families. More...

First time back on campus in 17 years. More...

Class Representative at Bocconi and currently working on her own start-up company. More...

Most read

In recognition of more than two decades of service. More...

How a 1966 Yearbook reconnected the School with one of it's earliest families. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech