Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Eva De Jong

Alumni Spotlight: Eva De Jong

Eva De Jong '16 has worked at some of the best hotels in the world. She is now furthering her studies in Human Resources to explore other opportunities.
Eva De Jong
Eva De Jong

Born in Brussels with Dutch nationality, Eva De Jong ‘16, attended the American School of Barcelona for four years, together with her younger brother, Noah ‘19. Following ASB, Eva studied at Ramon Llull University, graduating top of her class with a Bachelor in Tourism and Hospitality Management. She is currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Human Resources at Tilburg University in The Netherlands.

Throughout her studies, Eva worked at some of the best hotels in the world, including Hotel Arts Barcelona and Hyatt Regency Sydney. “I look forward to continuing to explore different companies from a Human Resource perspective.”

Recalling her teachers at ASB, Eva reflects, “I learned many different lessons from many different teachers; however, I distinctly remember Mr. Wager teaching me to believe in myself and to become more confident in my capabilities. Thanks to him, I was able to grow into the passionate person I am today.”

Eva is grateful for the opportunities she had to create and run events like Open Mic Nights and BISA Talent Shows while a student at ASB. “Creating events like these and witnessing them grow over the years has been one of the most rewarding experiences.”

Eva shares how her graduation ceremony was the most memorable recollection of her time at ASB. “The sense of accomplishment I felt that day, as well as seeing my whole class come together for a final hurrah, is definitely a memory I recall very fondly.”

“ASB is a truly international environment with highly supportive teachers and staff, offering amazing opportunities to students. The idea that ‘you can do anything you set your heart and mind to’ is something that ASB has always tried to instill in all of its students.”

ASB in one word?
“Supportive.”

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: November 2021

Similar stories

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech