Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Community News > “Rats on roller skates!”

“Rats on roller skates!”

Former elementary teacher reconnects with graduating seniors from Class of 2023

Twelve of our graduating seniors from the Class of 2023 were fortunate to have their former ECC and Elementary School teacher Ms. Febe Bellon (1986-2018) congratulate them in person at their graduation ceremony on Friday, June 2, 2023.

Ms. Febe, whose three sons Hugo '94, Oscar '95, and Dario '00 also graduated from the school, fondly remembers her last first-grade class in 2012 and was delighted to see so many of them graduating in this year's cohort. “Rats on roller skates” was just one of the many memorable expressions Ms. Febe used in her classroom.

"These kids were such fun to work with! Hard workers, kind friends, jokesters, and full of energy! They kept me on my toes, but I loved every minute. And now our Snoopy team is ready to take on the world."

View a short video from the graduation ceremony on our Instagram account HERE.

Ms. Febe has spent plenty of time back on campus this year, helping our alumni relations office with photo archives for our 60th anniversary celebrations. We very much appreciate her insights, hard work, and dedication to helping us share the history of the school during this momentous occasion.

Similar stories

School is not just a place of learning but a place of caring and belonging. More...

Hailing from seven countries to teach our earliest to our eldest grades. More...

Shares history of the Colomina family's support of the American School of Barcelona. More...

Outstanding achievements and university placements for our newest alums. More...

Most read

In recognition of more than two decades of service. More...

How a 1966 Yearbook reconnected the School with one of it's earliest families. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech