Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Guillem Ros Salvador '13

Alumni Spotlight: Guillem Ros Salvador '13

Following his passions with the successful launch of his app, Hevy!

Following graduation, alum Guillem Ros Salvador ‘13 studied Mechanical Engineering at the University of Surrey. Rather than follow a traditional career path he decided to try his hand as an entrepreneur and started his own business. Today he is the co-founder of a fitness app called Hevy, where he designs, and grows the app to thousands of athletes worldwide.

“We started Hevy in 2019 when I started going to the gym and found it hard to track my progress and stay motivated. I really missed the sense of community at the gym, so this was a really important aspect for me to build into the product.”

Hevy is a workout tracking app that lets athletes intuitively log their workouts, track progress with insightful analytics and be part of a motivating community of gym athletes.

Unlike other fitness apps, Hevy has a hands-off approach. “We don’t tell athletes how to work out; we simply provide them with the tools to be more successful in their training.”

Hevy was built without any investor funding. “We didn't raise any money from investors because we wanted to run an independent business that is sustainable and lean.”

With a recent hit of 300,000 athletes on the platform and 1,000,000 athletes expected to join this year, Hevy is looking to expand. To find out more information on the app, visit www.hevyapp.com.

You can download the app on the App Store and Google Play.

iOS
Android

Read their recent interview on 2Playbook!

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Similar stories

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech