Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Georgina Malagarriga '98

Alumni Spotlight: Georgina Malagarriga '98

“While at ASB, I remember feeling loved, and I know that love and happiness work hand-in-hand."
Georgina Malagarriga '98
Georgina Malagarriga '98

Alumna Georgina Malagarriga ‘98 attended the American School of Barcelona for nine years, together with her brothers, William ‘94, Charlie ‘98, and Albert ‘07. Following ASB, she completed a Graduate Degree in Design at Elisava School of Design in Barcelona, later furthering her studies at the University of Southampton (Bachelor in Fine Arts), at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Masters in Digital Arts), and at Cambridge University (CELTA).

Initially a web designer and now an online ESL teacher, Georgina has worked in many different roles, from junior designer to Project Manager.

“My main focus has always been to participate in something significant and built upon human values.”

Georgina is currently working at Oxinity, an online community of teachers who teach languages based on natural learning approaches and Big Data. This new career path takes her back to her days as a student at ASB, where she has fond memories of Ms. MacNamee, a life mentor, and Ms. Rosa Ruiz, who still supports her today with her research and studies. “At Oxinity, in addition to our teaching method based on technology, we have created a community of freelance teachers who can develop professionally through an innovative business model based on sharing. This collaborative approach appeals to me, since empathy and seeking the well-being of the community results in a win-win situation for all partners."

“While at ASB, I remember feeling loved, and I know that love and happiness work hand-in-hand. I appreciated my relationships with my teachers, who went beyond academics, teaching me life lessons, unique values, and gave me very special insights. The search for my own happiness led me to commence studies in Eastern philosophy in 2010 and it was impossible not to reflect on my own happiness as a student at ASB. Thus, I have developed a framework to teach happiness, and I plan to  further develop it through a Master’s in Pedagogy and eventually a Ph.D.”

ASB in one word?
“Freedom.”

Watch a short video from Georgina sharing her vision and reflections here.

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: February 2022

Similar stories

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech