Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Alexia Benchimol

Alumni Spotlight: Alexia Benchimol

With a law degree from Oxford and a Master's in public international law from LSE, find out why Alexia feels empowered from her experiences at ASB.
Alexia Benchimol '17
Alexia Benchimol '17

Spanish-born, Alexia Benchimol ‘17, attended ASB from grades 9 to 12, together with her twin sister, Sarah. Following ASB, she attended the University of Oxford where she studied law. She recently completed her Master’s in public international law at the London School of Economics and Political Science. Today Alexia works as an international arbitration clerk at Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP in London.

When asked to share experiences or teachers from ASB who might have inspired her today, Alexia shared, “I think the community service activities at ASB are really special. Ms. Marta Vernet, who oversees community service projects, has inspired many of us with her empathy and drive. These values have truly stuck with me.”

Alexia hopes to work on pro-bono or public interest matters throughout her professional career. “My sister and I are currently directing a microfinance project with the charity @gbc.zambia, an incredible NGO that helps to improve the lives of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Zambians.”

Some of Alexia’s favorite memories from ASB come from IB art. “Our trip to Madrid and our final exhibition are definitely stand-outs. We were a very tight-knit group, and Ms. Ana Martinez was the most kind and supportive teacher we could have asked for.”

ASB in one word?
“Empowering.”

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: November 2021

Similar stories

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech