Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Connor McAndrew

Alumni Spotlight: Connor McAndrew

"My time at ASB has had an enduring impact on my life."
Connor McAndrew
Connor McAndrew

Hailing from Missouri, Connor McAndrew lived in Barcelona with his family as expatriates from 2007-2009, attending the American School of Barcelona from grades 7 to 9 together with his two sisters, Callahan and Haley. He is currently in his final year of an MBA with a concentration in Business Analytics, Consulting, and Sustainable Enterprise from Arizona State University and plans to work for a management consulting firm upon graduation.

In 2016 Connor completed his bachelor’s degree in Economics and English from DePauw University, following which he secured a 6-month internship in Pune, India. Upon his return to the US, he worked for four years for Cummins Inc, an American multinational corporation.

Recalling experiences from his time at ASB, Connor shares, "There were so many! Ski week in Andorra, the Model United Nations trip to Lisbon, our 8th grade trip to Berlin, to name a few. Through these experiences, I gained a global perspective on the world, made incredible friends, and visited wonderful places. My history teacher, Mr. Sykes, was the one who inspired me to pursue a college education at a liberal arts school."

Asked about his favorite ASB memory, Connor admits it would have to be the ski week in Andorra. "It was my first time snowboarding, and I had a blast spending a week on the slopes with my classmates. We got to explore the city, ski all day, and enjoy a free week without classes."

Connor’s ASB experience will always be a special recollection for him. "The community is so unique. It's vibrant, international, and multicultural, unlike anything I have experienced elsewhere. It is exceptional to see students, parents, and teachers so invested in creating a global space for learning."

ASB in one word?

"Transformational - my time at ASB has had an enduring impact on my life, and I hope to have the opportunity to visit again soon."

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

#ASBalumni
#ASBtogether
#ASBlynx

Contributed: October 2021

Similar stories

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Former students, parents, and faculty join graduation ceremony. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech