Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni news > Alumni Spotlight: Jan Rasmussen Mitjana '17

Alumni Spotlight: Jan Rasmussen Mitjana '17

“Friendships built over time become like family. ASB is like a home away from home.”
Jan Rasmussen Mitjana '17
Jan Rasmussen Mitjana '17

Jan Rasmussen Mitjana ‘17 attended ASB for 14 years, together with his younger brother, Nil ‘21. Following ASB, he secured a full athletics (swimming all-American) scholarship to Drury University in Missouri to study Economics and Finance.

Currently working as a Digital Marketing intern at Havas Media, the media division of the global marketing and communications group Havas, Jan also manages the social media platforms for up-and-coming Barcelona-based watch brand @montjuic_watches.

When reminiscing about his ASB days, Jan reflects, “I am so grateful for the attention and care that ASB teachers provided to my peers and me during our time at school. By valuing our thoughts and ideas, the teachers at ASB gave us a voice we are confident about today. My 11th grade IB Economics teacher, Mr. Mirza, particularly showed me ways to focus on work without distractions and always gave our class a laugh with his wit and charisma. I also can’t leave out Ms. Sandra, who was like a mother to me when she taught me in 5th grade.”  ;)

Jan has fond recollections of the Delta del Ebro trip in 5th grade. “Mustering up the courage to ask your crush for a date to the famous “dance” was a big obstacle for me as a young kid. I remember asking the question, “Will you go to Delta with me?” (because that made sense as a 5th grader), not even waiting for a response due to my nerves and just blurting out, “Just say yes! (Not my proudest moment)” 

He also recalls playing “ping-pong football” or “El Juego de Jan” (a game which he is very proud to have named after him) during recess during the stressful (but rewarding) IBDP. “We even had special appearances from Mr. Daniel!” 

When asked what makes ASB special, Jan quickly responds, “friendships built over time become like family. ASB is like a home away from home.”

Jan is eager to connect with current or former ASB’ers and expand his network amongst the ASB alumni community. Feel free to connect with him on LinkedIn!

Once a Lynx, Always a Lynx!

Contributed: October 2021

Similar stories

Most read

Alum Nikias Molina shares his path to success as a tech content creator with millions of views across his social platforms. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech